Hello

My photo
Hello... I am a very pleased Mother of 3 beautiful and amazing children - 2 boys and 1 girl. I am a happily married woman to a smart and handsome man. Anyone who knows me knows that my life is kind of chaotic. I love crafts and consider myself to be a crafty person – I get it from my Mother. To squeeze a little “Me” time into my hectic life, I’ve created a Pinterest Crafts Club, or the P.C.C. A time where I can both craft and spend time with my friends. I love my little family. Life is hard right now, but I have faith that the Lord will never give me a trial that He doesn’t think I can overcome. But man, if trials make you stronger, I’ll be able to give Hercules a run for his money. Hahaha! Just Kidding ;) "You cannot kindle a fire in any other heart unless you have one burning in your own." ~Elder Harold B. Lee

October 16, 2011

 Today was the last time going to church in Rexburg Idaho. 


It feels weird. Like we flew under the radar when we moved here. Took people like 3 months to know that we were kinda there. We kept having to introduce ourselves. It was kinda funny. We'd say, "We're Darren and Amber Lewis, we've been in Rexburg for about 3 months now". Haha.
I'm pretty sure just a handful of people know we're leaving. What's probably going to happen is when they see the new couple who bought our trailer in their ward, they'll ask them where they're living... and when they say, Darren Lewis's old trailer... they'll all be like...What? Those guys moved?
We flew under the radar when we moved here, and now we're going to do it when we move out. No "Hello, we are the Lewis's" talk, and no "Goodbye we're leaving" talk. But I'm pretty sure if they would have asked for us to give a farewell talk I would have said no to giving the talk. Truth is I really don't want to bash our ward... there are a handful of good people who reached out to us...Anyways... I'm more then  happy to be moving to Fallon.
I do appreciate the 2 women who when it was their turn to visit teach me came every month. Thank you ladies. I will miss the 3 friends I did have here though.

Calene Green. Who I've gotten to know through D's connection to her husband when they wrestled together in North West College in Powell. We're good friends and hang out when our schedules match :) And we have a lot of fun together, and so do our kids.
Meagen Scott. Who over the years I got to know because our kids are crazy about each other. And then they moved to another part of town and we don't get a chance to see them as much as we would like.
And Julie Cheatham. Who we kinda new back in North West in Powell, who moved to Rexburg recently... and has become a good friend to me in less then a week. And now I'm the one moving!

I guess lessen learned. If you want others to put themselves out there, you kinda have to do the same. I tried but after a while, I kinda gave up. If you want to have play dates with other peoples kids and your own, set the play dates. If you want to make friends, be a friend. It's not like I didn't try though. I did. But I guess I'll just have to try harder next time.                            

No comments: